lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From d33mb33 <david.bal...@entity.co.uk>
Subject Re: Post processing to get around TooManyClauses?
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:17:36 GMT

Ok I'm still struggling with this and a QueryFilter didn't help me one bit
:-(

I'm trying to query for books by "Charles Dickens" that start with "m".  I
have constructed a QueryFilter for the author search and a PrefixQuery for
the title search.  A simplified version of my code is below.

    ' Charles Dickens query filter
    Dim authorQry As TermQuery = New TermQuery(New Term("ContributorName",
"dickens"))
    Dim authorFlter As QueryFilter = New QueryFilter(authorQry)

    ' M* query
    Dim titleQry As PrefixQuery = New PrefixQuery(New Term("Title", "m"))

    Dim topDocs As TopDocs = GetIndexSearcher().Search(titleQry,
authorFlter, maxResults)

This still throws a TooManyClauses exception because the PrefixQuery is
being expanded across the entire index.