lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From java_user_ <jkrae...@cs.tufts.edu>
Subject Re: Boost One Term Query
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 19:31:59 GMT

Thanks for the response Hoss.

The score I receive is from the Explaination object.  The score stays the
same regardless of how I boost the single term.

The score of the query:
apple

Is the same as the score of the query:
apple^3

I am surprised by the result of the test.  Would you expect "apple" and
"apple^3" to receive the same score?

Thanks