lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to say Thank You ?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:39:35 GMT
I don't consider sending this kind of message to the list pollution.
It's good to take a step back from time to time and remember that
almost all of us volunteer here, even if we get paid to work w/
Lucene.  I am constantly amazed at the Lucene community and what it
has to offer in the way of ideas, support and for, lack of a better
word, niceness.  The sentiment is definitely appreciated and it is
good to know we have happy users.

FWIW, other ways to say thanks include:
1. Contributing docs, patches, help to others when possible.  See http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute
2.  The ASF gladly accepts donations, since it is a non-profit.  See http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

Of course, neither of these are requirements for participation, but
since you asked, I thought I would offer.

Cheers,
Grant

On Dec 17, 2007, at 11:04 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have got invaluable help from several people of this list.
> Unfortunately I couldn't guess the email of some of you.
>
> So, many thanks to all who have helped me.
> Merry Christmas and a Hapy New Year to you all.
>
> (Perhaps someone comes up with a means to say 'thank you'
> without 'polluting' the list for that and without
> sacrificing privacy of the email addresses.)
>
> Helmut.
>
> --
> Helmut Jarausch
>
> Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik