lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <>
Subject Re: How to say Thank You ?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:39:35 GMT
I don't consider sending this kind of message to the list pollution.
It's good to take a step back from time to time and remember that
almost all of us volunteer here, even if we get paid to work w/
Lucene.  I am constantly amazed at the Lucene community and what it
has to offer in the way of ideas, support and for, lack of a better
word, niceness.  The sentiment is definitely appreciated and it is
good to know we have happy users.

FWIW, other ways to say thanks include:
1. Contributing docs, patches, help to others when possible.  See
2.  The ASF gladly accepts donations, since it is a non-profit.  See

Of course, neither of these are requirements for participation, but
since you asked, I thought I would offer.