lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with multiple index search
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:15:01 GMT

19 dec 2007 kl. 14.21 skrev Vipin Rakkanath:
> While searching, I am getting exception when one of the indexes
> has a problem. The exception is given.
>
> I edited the following methods,
>
> 1.  MultiSearcher : public int docFreq(Term term) throws IOException
> 2.  ParallelMultiSearcher : TopDocs search
>
> I deleted all problematic searchable objects from the list and did the
> search again. Now its working ok.
>
> Is this a feasible solution..?

If it works it works.

You might want to make sure it is a thread safe operation.

A possible solution that might require more work is to catching
exceptions and return the results from the working indicies only. You
would not have to replace the query and the application will keep
trying to connect to that remote searcher that is temporarily out of
reach.

--
karl