lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Infrastructure Question
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:43:43 GMT
Hi Venkat,

There is no need to post your question multiple times or cross-post.
People are distributed all around the world on this list and aren't
always available or capable to answer your question.  Having to wait
11 hours for an answer on a free mailing list is not at all
unreasonable.

If you are just looking to get your hands dirty with Lucene, why not
just start w/ a subset on a machine you already own and work to scale
up?  This way, you could start with what you have available and get a
feel for your memory usage, etc.  Then you will be in a better
position to decide what your needs are.

If there is one thing that is true about search it is the fact that
everyone's situation is different.

Cheers,
Grant

Grant Ingersoll