lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "lucene user" <luz...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching user-private annotations associated with indexed documents
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:33:57 GMT
Folks

I have some additional textual data that is user specific, basically
annotations about documents. I would like to be able to do
**combined** searches, looking for some words in the document and some
in my users' private annotations about that document. Any suggestions
about how I should handle this? The annotations are changeable by
users at any time so we have to be ready to delete them and add others
at any time when the user does edit an annotation.

Do I need a second Lucene index? Can I do a query against two indexes
at the same time? If so, how?

The annotations will be very small but highly volatile. The database
of documents will grow large but nothing will be deleted from it.

Thanks!