lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ariel <isaacr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to build your custom termfreq vector an add it to the field ?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:49:48 GMT
Then if I want to use another scoring formula I must to implement my
own Query/Weigh/Scorer  ? For example instead of cousine distance
leiderbage distance or .. another. I'm studying Query/Weigh/Scorer
classes to find out how to do that but there is not much documentation
about that.

I have seen I could change similarity factors extending the simlarity
class, but I have not seen any example about changing scoring formula
and changing the weight by term in the term vector. Do you know any
tutorial about this ?

What I want to do changing frecuency in the terms vector is this: for
example instead of take the tf term frecuency of the term and stored
in the vector I want to consider the correlation of the term with the
other terms of the documents and store that measure by term in the
vector so later with my custom similarity formula calculate the
ranking of a document against a query considering the correlation
between terms.
Dou you think is a big mistake try to do this with lucene ??? Is there any way ?