lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Liaqat Ali" <liaqatalim...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with indexing
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:08:01 GMT
Hi All,

I have one question. I have a small demonstration program in Java to
index a single fine stored on the disk. When i index a file with .txt
extension containing  English  text  and then use LUKE  to retrieve
information from Index it retrieves a little bit data. But the problem
occurs when I index a file with .txt extension containing URDU
(variant of Arabic and Persian) stored in UTF-8. the index which i get
containing fieldnames and text in Unicode codes not the original text,
as compared to the the Index of file containing English language.

What should you suggest in this situation. Kindly guide me in this regard..

Liaqat Ali