lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: - possible bug in lock timeout
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:54:44 GMT
I agree to an extent. You could argue for checks like this in a lot of
places though. It seems to protect an odd use case here. Normally your
timeout would not be anywhere near Long.MAX_VALUE. I would argue there
should be a better way to set "never timeout" than by using a huge
number. In either case, its a pretty easy error to spot even without
an exception thrown. These types of checks are a slippery slope.

Of course the Lucene developers just might agree with you.