lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Sorting and TopDocCollector
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:33:18 GMT

:   I am using TopDocCollector in IndexerSearher.search(...) for get the
: BitSet of result, but I need of sort the result by two variable:  by
: any term of document and by score. Is possible do it using Collector ?
:
:   Have any form of use the method search(..., sort) and after get the
: BitSet of result ?

the HitCollector APIs are lower level and somewhat orthoginal to the Sort
based APIs ... the APIs thattake a HitCollector ar designed to give *your*
HitCollector all of the matches with as little overhead as possible -- you
are free to do anything you want in the HitCollector, including keep track
of the "best" results based on a particular sort.

Perhaps instead of subclassing TopDocCollector, you should look at
TopFielDocCollector?

-Hoss