lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Donna L Gresh <gr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: FSDirectory Again
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:31:40 GMT
In general it is much nicer to say "I did not make myself clear" than "you
are not getting me"

If you look on the java doc page for FSDirectory it tells you what do do
instead of the deprecated method:

getDirectory(File file, boolean create)
          Deprecated. Use IndexWriter's create flag, instead, to create a
new index.

Here is the code I use
                Directory directory = FSDirectory.getDirectory(
directoryName);
                IndexWriter iwriter = new IndexWriter(directory, analyzer,
reCreate);

Donna L. Gresh
Services Research, Mathematical Sciences Department
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
(914) 945-2472
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/g/donnagresh
gresh@us.ibm.com