lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do we limit the growth of a Lucene Index?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 12:13:22 GMT
You could search this list about distributing your indexes, etc.
RemoteSearchable may be handy, but you will probably have to build
some infrastructure around it for handling failover, etc. (would make
for a nice contribution)

How often do you think archived data will need to be accessed?  And
how much data are you talking?  Seems to me like the main issue will
be in managing the searchers in light of having a lot of potential
indexes.  Just thinking out loud, though.

-Grant

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com

Lucene Boot Camp Training: