lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Streeton <mike.stree...@ardentiasearch.com>
Subject RE: TermDocs.skipTo error
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:29:11 GMT
Yonik,
    Thanks for this , I have checked and it is not at the end of the index, but something
funny is happening. It is a multireader each reader within it has 100,000 documents, but when
it fails it is trying to access a document e.g. 123,456, in the segment that only has 100,000

Many Thanks

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: yseeley@gmail.com [mailto:yseeley@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Yonik Seeley
Sent: 10 November 2007 22:49
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: TermDocs.skipTo error

On Nov 9, 2007 11:40 AM, Mike Streeton <mike.streeton@ardentiasearch.com> wrote:
> I have just tried this again using the index I built with lucene 2.1 but running the
test using lucene 2.2 and it works okay, so it seems to be something related to an index built
using lucene 2.2.

I bet you are triggering an issue in multi-level skip lists by
attempting to skipTo a target past maxDoc (which per the javadoc,
seems like it should be legal).

So a short term workaround for you might be to first test if the
target you are trying to skip to is less than maxDoc().

-Yonik