lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to build your custom termfreq vector an add it to the field ?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 23:20:35 GMT
My guess is you want to look into the Scorer implementations.  I am
not sure Lucene's term vector storage is needed, you could just store
the terms as they always are and implement your own Query/Weigh/Scorer
combo that ignores TF and uses your new approach.

See http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/scoring.html for more info.

Otherwise, if you really want to use the TermVectors just for scoring,
you may find the TermVectorMapper addition on the trunk to be useful
for extracting the info you want.

Might be able to offer more suggestions if you can provide more detail
about what you are trying to do.

HTH,
Grant

On Nov 6, 2007, at 5:27 PM, Ariel wrote:

> Hi:
> I want to build a custom termfreq vector an add it to the field to
> store it
> to the index.
> I want to use lucene for research, I'm thinking to make some
> experimentation
> so I need to store a term vector in a field in the index not based
> in the
> frecuency of the term in the document instead of I want to use another
> measure to get ranking improvements.
> How can I do that. Is that posible with lucene ?
> I will appreciate your help.
> Greetings

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com