lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool Coder <techcool.ku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Best way to count tokens
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:09:39 GMT
This is what I am looking for prior to adding into index. SO that it can help me  to display
in my site first 10 tokens that has got maximum occurences in my index. In otherword, user
can add weightage to these terms.

  - BR

Karl Wettin <karl.wettin@gmail.com> wrote:

31 okt 2007 kl. 15.18 skrev Cool Coder:

> Hi Group,
> I need to display list of tokens (tags) in my side
> those have got maximum occurances in my index. One way I can think
> of is to keep track of all tokens during analysis and accordingly
> display them. Is there any other way? e.g. if I want to display
> tokens in order of their occurences as well as their weightage.

Are you looking for the term frequency vector?

IndexReader.html#getTermFreqVector(int,%20java.lang.String)>

If you are using 2.3 the TermVectorMapper might save you a couple of
clock ticks sorting.

Or is this something you want to do prior to adding the document to
the index?

--
karl