lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cedric Ho" <cedric...@gmail.com>
Subject Chinese Segmentation with Phase Query
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 02:59:25 GMT
Hi,

We are having an issue while indexing Chinese Documents in Lucene.

Some background first:
Since CJK languages doesn't have space between words, we first have to
determine the words from sentences. e.g.

a sentence containing characters ABC, it may be segmented into AB, C or A, BC.

the problem is sometimes there can be ambiguities in how the sentence
should be segmented. It is possible that
both AB, C and A, BC are valid segmentations.

In this cases we would like to index both segmentation into the index:

AB offset (0,1) position 0
C offset (2,2) position 1
A offset (0,0) position 0
BC offset (1,2) position 1

Now the problem is, when someone search using a PhraseQuery (AC) it
will find this line ABC because it match A (position 0) and C
(position 1).

Are there any ways to search for exact match using the offset
information instead of the position information ?

Best Regards,
Cedric