lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcus Herou" <marcus.he...@tailsweep.com>
Subject Group by in Lucene ?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 05:57:27 GMT
Hi.

I have a situation where I'm searching amongst some 100K feeds and only want
one result per site in return. I have developed a really simple method of
grouping which just scrolls through the resultset(hitset) until a maxNum
docs of feeds from a set of unique sites is populated. Since I don't wanna
reinvent the wheel, I want to know if Lucene has something like this built.
I as well will use Solr soon and then my own homecooked recipe will not work
so I really need a standard way of doing this.

I know Nutch has something like it called depupField which default is set to
2.

Anyone?

Kindly

//Marcus

--
Marcus Herou Solution Architect & Core Java developer Tailsweep AB
+46702561312