lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Haroldo Nascimento" <haroldo.ara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index: mixing the structure of persistence
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:27:37 GMT
Hi,

  I have a very great volume of data (6.000.000 of documents) and I
need to have a very fast search. I am thinking about using Terracotta
(with Lucene) for clustering the solution.

  One of the advantages of the Terracotta is that part of the index is
stored in memory and part is persisted em disk. If not to find in
memory the application searchs in disk. This is transparent for the
user. The problem would be in the process of updat of index.

  Another solution would be to persist the index using only Lucene,
but I believe that the reply time very using disk either bigger that
the solution in memory.

  You know some document comparative about the solution em memory
(RAMDirectory) and solution em disk using Lucene?

  Tip: In another application I am using the solution index in memory
(RAMDirectory), to initiate the process of load of the indice I
serialized the RAMDirectory object. For it I need  insert "implements
Serializable" in some classrooms of Lucene.