lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From HAIDUC SONIA <haiduc_so...@yahoo.com>
Subject Scoring for all the documents in the index relative to a query
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:05:48 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am trying to obtain the score for each document in the index relative to a given query.
For example, if I have the query "search file", I am trying to get the list of all documents
in the index and their scores relative to the given query. I tried first using Hits, which
gave me the normalized score. I thought that I don't see the whole list of documents and their
scores because of the normalization, so I tried using HitsCollector. But even after using
HitsCollector, I get the same number of matching documents, so the normalization didn't exclude
documents because of negative scoring. Does Lucene actually compute the score for all the
documents in the index or just for matching documents? I really need to have the scores for
all the documents in the index relative to the query (even if negative), not just the ones
that contain the query terms(this is what Lucene considers "matching documents", right?).
Is this possible using Lucene?

I really appreciate your time and effort!
Thanks,
Sonia

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs