lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <>
Subject Re: Pointers on Messaging Server and Lucene.
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 12:05:37 GMT
Can you explain more of what you are trying to do?  Lucene just works
with text, it is up to you to extract the text from whatever format it
is in.  That being said, you can try searching the archives of this
list as a starting point.  You might also check out Aperture (

) for connectors/extractors.  I am pretty sure they have email and
calendar connectors, but I don't think they have IM.