lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Conlon" <t...@2ls.com>
Subject RE: Hits.score mystery
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 07:00:36 GMT
Hi Grant,

> but you should have a look at Searcher.explain()

I was half-expecting this answer. :(

The query is very basic and the scoring seems completely arbitrary.
Documents with the same number of ocurrences and (seemingly)
distribution are being given widely different scores.

> Chris Hostetter
> NOTE: the score returned by Hits is not a "percentage" ...
> a score of 0.9 from 1 query isn't better then a score of 0.1 from
another query.

Thanks for re-emphasizing these points (I was aware of them in any
event).

Tom