lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chhabra, Kapil" <kchha...@akamai.com>
Subject RE: how to increase the performance!!!
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:50:31 GMT
Hi Shakti,

> I am using Searching is taking a lot of time.
What do you mean by a lot of time? How much time is it taking?
There are a lot of factors that affect the search speed.

> The size of the folder where I am keeping the index files is 160 MB
containing 3277 documents.
That's not too much. If you are doing things right, search should not
take much time.

> How can I improve the performance of searching?
Go through this:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
kapilChhabra

I am using Searching is taking a lot of time.

The size of the folder where I am keeping the index files is 160 MB
containing 3277 documents.

I am using...

query = parser.parse("ANY");

hits = searcher.search(query);

How can I improve the performance of searching?

Regards

Shakti Sareen

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL
AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in
this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies;
your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.