lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chhabra, Kapil" <kchha...@akamai.com>
Subject RE: Time of processing hits.doc()
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:49:17 GMT
Hey!
Search for the topic "Aggregating Category Hits" in the list. You'll get
a few approaches that you may use to implement "groupby".

Regards,
kapilChhabra

-----Original Message-----
From: Haroldo Nascimento [mailto:haroldo.araras@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:02 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Time of processing hits.doc()

I have a problem of performance when I need group the result do search

I have the code below:

   for (int i = 0; i < hits.length(); i++) {
                    doc = hits.doc(i);

                    obj1 = doc.get(Constants.STATE_DESC_FIELD_LABEL);
                    obj2 = doc.get(xxx);
   }

  I work with volume of data very big. The search process in 0.300
seconds but when the object hits have much results, the time for get all
objects is very big. The command hits.doc(i) is processed in 2 second.

  Por exemplo. For hits.length() equals the 25.000 results, the time of
"pos search" is 7 seconds.

  I get all result because I need group the result (remove the duplicate
results).

  Is there any form in Lucene that group the result. I need of anything
as the command "group by" of sql.

  Thanks.