lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw00d <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Help on FuzzyLikeThisQuery
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:45:21 GMT
Cool Coder wrote:
 >> Is there anyway I can specify which terms are "MUST", I mean they
have to appear in the result and some terms are optional,

One "hands off" approach you could try with this is to rewrite the
fuzzyQuery and then set the minimum number of terms you want a match on.
e.g.

        FuzzyLikeThisQuery flt=new FuzzyLikeThisQuery(50,new
StandardAnalyzer());
        flt.addTerms("product critical update", "title", 0.75f,
FuzzyQuery.defaultPrefixLength);
        BooleanQuery q = (BooleanQuery) flt.rewrite(r);
        int minNumClauseMatches=Math.round(q.clauses().size()*0.5f);
        q.setMinimumNumberShouldMatch(minNumClauseMatches);

In the above code I'm specifying at least half of the input terms must
have a match.

If a user wants more control then they really need to be more "hands on"
and specify precisely which of these words are important to them in the
actual query syntax.

Cheers
Mark

> Hello,
>           I am trying to use FuzzyLikeThisQuery to search my help system  and  show set
of help entries for user selected Help topic. For any selected Help topic, System needs to
display all related topics. This works somehow, but if query contains generic terms then result
returned by FuzzyLikeThisQuery contains all irrelevant topics. E.g.
>   if query is "product blog update" then I am getting results like
>
>   fuzzyLikeQuery.addTerms("product blog update", "title", 0.75f, FuzzyQuery.defaultPrefixLength);
>
>   --Slide Show Update - Full Control Panel
>   --Product manager: sent a mail to xyz@hy.com
>
>   I would expect at least terms like "product" and "blog" should appear in the result.

>   Is there anyway I can specify which terms are "MUST", I mean they have to appear in
the result and some terms are optional, I mean they need not appear in the result.