lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matthijs Bierman <matth...@impressie.nl>
Subject get original term for synonym
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:54:45 GMT
Hi there,

Currently I am trying to get synonyms to work. I have gotten as far as
injecting them into the index as Token.type SYNONYM. Lucene then finds
the original word and synonym and points to the same document. So far so
good.

However, I am stuck at highlighting the result. I have highlighters of
my own that currently need an array of words to highlight. Extraction is
done from the query, but the query gives the synonym, instead of the
word it points to. Therefore highlighting is incorrect (or rather
non-existent). Is there a simple way to make the synonym return the word
it points to?

Thank you in advance,
Matthijs Bierman
(Netherlands)