lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Bradfield <ja...@jaykel.com>
Subject round robin search results with same score
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:55:22 GMT
Hi,
I am quite new to Lucene, I've read most of the documentation and can't
find want I need..
Basically for any documents returned from a search if they have the same
score I need them to be returned in a round robin type of ordering based
on previous searches with the same query.

ie. I have documents A, B and C, they all have a field with the same
value. The query is only on this field with an exact match on their
values.. What I need is first time the query is called it will return
say A, B, C (no specific order here) but then the next time this query
is executed i need it returned B, C, A, then C, A, B on the next and so
forth..

This is basically for a directory search app where we want to maximize
the display of each business for the same search criteria..

Can this be done with the current Lucene, or will I need to dive into
its bowls to get what I need.

BTW. I am using Hibernate Search.. But have the ability to do pure Lucene...

Thanks.
Jason.