lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <>
Subject restoring a corrupt index?
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 21:01:55 GMT
Using solr, we have been running an indexing process for a while and
when I checked on it today, it spits out an error:

/path/to/index/_cf9.fnm (No such file or directory)
	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(
	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(

Looking through the archives, it looks like we are up a creek.

Any thoughts on what could have caused this?  The log files contains
some 'too many open files' errors, I can't tell if that corresponds with
when the index went bad though.

the startup script includes:
  ulimit -n 100000
which seems generous, no?

it is a 22GB index, ls -l | wc shows 180K files (oh my)

So my questions:

1. Anything I can do to use this index while I rebuild another? (takes a
long time!)

2. Does the ulimit number explain how the index got corrupted?  If so,
it seems like a problem.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message