lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FieldSelector
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:59:13 GMT
Hmmm, I think you should be able to rely on the fact that Fields are
stored in order of indexing and then read back in that same order.
Thus, index your documents making sure that the documentType is the
first Field on the Document (and for performance reasons, the other
fields you want to load are next).   Then, in your FieldSelector, you
can, upon seeing the documentType, set the appropriate flags for when
the other Fields are read..

Otherwise, the reading twice approach makes sense.

-Grant

On Nov 30, 2007, at 6:27 AM, Timo Nentwig wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I do have different document types (Books, Magazines, Author
> whatever) in the
> index and a FieldSelector is document type specific (for Books LOAD
> isbn and
> title for Author name, ...). The document type can be determined by
> a field
> surprisingly called documentType.
>
> How am I going to do this? Reading twice? First
> IndexReader.document() only
> the documentType and then choose proper FieldSelector and read again?
>
> Thanks,
> timo

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com