lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: prefix query search problem if a hyphen exist in the search word
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:23:53 GMT
What analyzers are you using both at index time and
query time? StandardAnalyzer will, for instance, split
the words at the hyphen.

I would recommend that you get a copy of Luke (google
lucene luke) and examine both the contents of your index,
and the query produced by using various analyzers. Also,
query.toString() will show you a lot about
what is actually happening.

Best
Erick