lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Score: Randomize form
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 00:21:18 GMT
I think you have a couple of problems here. First, you'll have to
normalize the scores to get *any* of them to be the same. Since
the scores are a float, very few of them will be exactly the same.

I really suspect that you need to use a HitCollector (or TopDocs?)
and collect the hits into buckets, then randomize the results. I'd think
about doing your randomization as a post-process.

Which just also says that I have no idea where you'd handle modifying
the score at search time <G>...

Best
Erick