lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AND query in SHOULD
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:26:27 GMT
The semantics of the phrase query you're constructing probably aren't
what you think. As best I can infer, you are trying to do something
like

"green tree" in field1
or
"green tree" in field 2

but that's not even close to what you're constructing.

It would help a show what the query you want is in some form
like that above before trying to code it, because the actual
query you're making is something like asking for the phrase
"word1 in field1 word1 in field2 word2 in field1 word2 in field2"

Actually, I can't render the semantics of what you're doing int English.
And Lucene can't parse it either.

I suspect you want something like
PhraseQuery pq1
PhraseQuery pq2