lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: substring indexing to avoid 'TooManyClauses' exception
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:52:24 GMT
Hardy:

Since your use-case is so restricted, I'd recommend that you
just construct a filter. I think you'll find it's much faster than
you'd think at first glance. Of course, "Your mileage may
vary" Is there any equivalent phrase like "Your kilometerage
may vary" <G>?

Most of the discussion in the archives has to do with the
more general case, so much of it probably doesn't apply to
your specific case.

Best
Erick