lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene search question
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:24:35 GMT
If you only have a maximum of a few sections, then indexing
as different fields should work fine. If you have a big upper limit
you might need to do something like index all the data in one field
with a special marker (e.g. $$$$$$$) between sections, then use
termdocs/termenum on the result set to figure out whether
the matches were in the desired section.

Best
Erick