lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool Coder <techcool.ku...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to delete old index
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2007 02:59:31 GMT
Hi,
      I used have index refreshed in every 4 hr. However after each refresh, I can see two
index. I am not sure how can I delete old index.

  On starting of indexing process, I create Writer
  writer = new IndexWriter(luceneDirectory,false,luceneAnalyzer,true);

  At the end of Indexing process:
  writer.flush();
  writer.close();

  and reopen the indexreader

  luceneDirectory = FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexPath);

  reader = IndexReader.open(luceneDirectory);
  searcher = new IndexSearcher(reader);
  Is this the right way or I am missing something?
  Let me tell you that I dont want to update index rather I just want to delete the old index.
  Your help would be appreciated.

  - BR