lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool Coder <techcool.ku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Help on FuzzyLikeThisQuery
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2007 02:09:49 GMT
Hello,
          I am trying to use FuzzyLikeThisQuery to search my help system  and  show set of
help entries for user selected Help topic. For any selected Help topic, System needs to display
all related topics. This works somehow, but if query contains generic terms then result returned
by FuzzyLikeThisQuery contains all irrelevant topics. E.g.
  if query is "product blog update" then I am getting results like

  fuzzyLikeQuery.addTerms("product blog update", "title", 0.75f, FuzzyQuery.defaultPrefixLength);

  --Slide Show Update - Full Control Panel
  --Product manager: sent a mail to xyz@hy.com

  I would expect at least terms like "product" and "blog" should appear in the result.
  Is there anyway I can specify which terms are "MUST", I mean they have to appear in the
result and some terms are optional, I mean they need not appear in the result.

  Previously, I was using PhraseQuery, but it looks for an exact match.
  I would appreciate your suggestion?

  - BR