lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: Can I use Ispell dictionaries roe analizers in Lucene?
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:29:47 GMT
On Sonntag, 18. November 2007, Alebu wrote:

> So what ispell dictionary actually is? List of rules for translation
> some words (or sentence?) to 'base form'? Or what?

It's a list of terms with optional flags. For example:

walk/xy

In a different file, the flag "x" would then be defined as "append 'ed'"
and y as "append 'ing'" so that the expanded version is:

walk
walked
walking

The term in the dictionary does not have to be a real word. So in this
example, if normalization from "walking" and "walked" to "walk" is what
you want, you could use ispell. It just won't work for irregualar forms
(e.g. went -> go)

Regards
 Daniel

--