lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Timo Nentwig <>
Subject FuzzyQuery using termDocs() for context filtering
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 13:33:17 GMT

Imagine an index holding documents in different languages and country.
Language+country is what I call a context and I build and hold a QueryFilter
for each context.

When performing a fuzzy search, FilteredTermEnum doesn't care about any
contexts at all (well, how should it :). It builds a BooleanQuery of all
terms that come into question.

I came up with the idea to reimplementing FuzzyTermEnum to use
reader.termDocs() instead of reader.terms(). This way for each term I know
which document it comes from and by means of the above mentioned QueryFilter
I can decide whether the term is valid for the given context or not.

This results (potentially) in a smaller BooleanQuery but I wonder whether this
approach will gain any mentionable performance advantage (maybe reduce IO?).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message