lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ruchi Thakur <ruchi.tha...@yahoo.com>
Subject BooleanQuery TooManyClauses in wildcard search
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:52:39 GMT

  Hi there.
I am a new Lucene user and I have been searching the group archives but couldn't solve the
problem. I have just joined a project that uses Lucene.
We use the StandardAnalyzer for indexing our documents and our query is as
follows when we issue a search string of    t*      for example:
  +t* +cont_type:pa

  We get an Exception when we issue some of our wildcard text searches we get following Exception
  org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses Exception : Max clause if 1024

  Please suggest.

  Regards,
  Ruchi