lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From reeja <d.re...@gmail.com>
Subject prefix query search problem if a hyphen exist in the search word
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:47:32 GMT

Hi,
 I faced some problem with prefix query search when the prefix text contains
a hyphen. i'm using lucene-2.1.
Search query is like this ttl:co-operative it returns more than 50 results,
but if i convert the query like this ttl:co-operat* it  returns no result.
again i entered a query ttl:11-amino it returns some results, then  changed
the above query into ttl:11-amino* it will return some more results than
previous query.
I think if a character or text appeared before the hyphen may  cause the
pbroblem, if the text before hyphen is a number its work fine.
anybody can help me to correct this problem.

Thanks
reeja