lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From syedfa <fayyazud...@gmail.com>
Subject XML parsing using Lucene in Java
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:43:28 GMT

Dear Fellow Lucene Developers:

I am a java/jsp developer and have started learning lucene for the purpose
of creating a search engine for some books that I have in xml format.  The
XML document is actually quite large, and would like to provide as accurate
results as possible to the user searching through these books.  My question
is, which xml parser do you recommend using, SAX or Digester?  Is there a
difference?  Does one parser provide better results than the other?  What
about performance issues?

Any help that you can provide is greatly appreciated.  I look forward to
hearing from you soon.

Take care.
Sincerely;
Fayyaz