lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From kumarlimbu <kumarli...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: best way to share cookie info (user search history, etc.) between two load balanaced lucene search servers..
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:13:11 GMT

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for your response.

We are looking at replicating complete lucene index on both servers. The
main reason for this is the ease of scaling compared to say splitting the
index between the 2 servers. Since we will have separate indexes we won't be
using MultiSearcher/ParallelMultiSearcher.

We are using domain based cookie as opposed to server based cookie. But we
are using HTTPSession for storing the more complicated datastructures as it
allows easier manipulation of objects. The problem we for  us is sharing
this information between two tomcat servers running lucene searches. And we
plan on using both servers for rendering results directly to the end user.

We are not sure about the load balancer yet. That is what we are trying to
find out. I was thinking of using LVS, but not sure how easy is it to use. I
also found the Persistence feature to be quite useful. Is there any better
solution for load balancing?