lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From kumarlimbu <kumarli...@gmail.com>
Subject best way to share cookie info (user search history, etc.) between two load balanaced lucene search servers..
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:47:50 GMT

Hi Everyone,

We are planning on scaling our current web server by adding a machine with
similar specification. Both machine will be running lucene searches. What we
plan to do is add a load balancer in front of these servers. Our requirement
is to be able to share user info (user search history, etc.), cookies etc
between these two servers. What is the best way to load balance two or more
lucene search server and share session and cookie information between these
servers?

Our current server has 8 GB of RAM and size of the index is around 8GB
(contains around 3M+ records) as well. Any more info about current server
environment will be provided upon request.

Thank you all.

Kumar