lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: restoring a corrupt index?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:02:48 GMT
"vivek sar" <vivextra@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think if the indexer is abruptly stopped while it's in progress
> the index corruption can happen.

One correction here: as far as I know, the index should not become
corrupt if the JVM is kill -9'd or JVM crashes.  If that seems to be
happening then we need to dig down to the root cause and fix it...

However, if the OS or machine crashes, or power is pulled from the
machine, it is possible for the index to become corrupt.  But for the
next version of Lucene (2.3) we are making changes to try to
ensure consistency even for these cases as well.  See here for details:

Mike