lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Can changes on an index be visible to an open IndexSearcher without reopening it?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 14:00:42 GMT

Unfortunately, no.  Once open, the IndexReader/IndexSearcher searches
a frozen "point in time" snapshot of the index as it existed when it
was first opened.

You'll have to open a new searcher in order to see the changes.

However, there is work underway now to add a "reopen" method to
IndexReader that somewhat lowers the cost of opening a reader (not yet
clear by how much).  This should be part of the next release (2.3).
See here for details:

Mike