lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Janssen <jans...@parc.com>
Subject Re: lucene-core-2.2.0.jar broken? CorruptIndexException?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:59:30 GMT
> You are not hitting any other exception before this one right?
>
> Can you change your test case so that the "catch" clause is run
> before the "finally" clause?  I wonder if you are hitting some
> interesting exception and then trying to optimize, which then
> masks the original exception.

Yes, I thought of that.  But when I comment out the call to
"optimize()", no exception is signalled.  So I think it's unlikely.

I'm thinking it might be an endianness issue.  Do you folks test a lot
on big-endian platforms?  Just the kind of thing that affects
bit-string manipulation.  I'm going to run the same software on an
Intel machine and see what happens.

Bill