lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhou Qi" <zhou...@sjtu.edu.cn>
Subject 答复: how to effeciently implement the stastical scores like pagerank?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:23:23 GMT
Thank you, my score is fixed score from the properties of the page, but at first we need to
adjust the score for a promising result.
I have tried one way of manually re-ranking all the documents by the search results. But it
needs to iterate all the retrieved results and fetch the re-ranking score (stored in the index)
to sum the overall score. It is inefficient. How to improve that by a new approach?

Sorry for making you misunderstanding. Thanks

Best Regards,

Zhou Qi
Dept. Computer Science & Engineering
Shanghai Jiaotong University

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Chee Wu [mailto:chee.wu@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2007年11月15日 14:23
收件人: java-user@lucene.apache.org
主题: Re: how to effeciently implement the stastical scores like pagerank?

Not sure with what you want to do ..
There are many factors can affect the rank of documents.Some factors should
be fixed, always the same for different query  words ,such as PageRank and
the ratio between amount of the links and the full text length of the
pages,and VSM should be a dynamic factor..

So how do you want to implement your own score mechanism, just import some
new factors or a completely new way? If add new factor, then a fixed one or
a dynamic one ?