lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhou Qi" <zhou...@sjtu.edu.cn>
Subject how to effeciently implement the stastical scores like pagerank?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 04:14:18 GMT
Hi Guys,

         I made a problem in implement some extra scores besides the VSM
model. My works entails with re-ranking the returned documents from the
extra scores like page quality or page property ( good page or navigator
page). I have tried two approaches before:

A.      Setting the document boosting attribute in indexing, but it is hard
to adjust these weight after indexing the documents.

B.      The second way is to retrieve all the documents and getting the
score first, and then I will need to iterate all the documents to fetch some
store fields to get the property of the page to compute the re-ranking
score. From the experiments before, this way takes too much time and it will
need to iterate all the documents to re-ranking. This implementation is easy
to adjust the ranking algorithem but it is too slow.

Can anyone give a better solution to do that? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Zhou Qi

Dept. Computer Science & Engineering

Shanghai Jiaotong University