lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jm <jmugur...@gmail.com>
Subject optimizing only during certain time
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:32:28 GMT
Hi,

I understand optimizing could take longer when index is bigger, so it
might take a while when index is huge.

I think I remember seeing something in the lucene list about optimizing but not
to the optimum case, only to a less than optimum state, but using less
time, is that correct?

Does somebdoy now if this could be bound by a time given for the
optimization? I mean something like thatt: indexWriter.optimize(300);
300 being seconds for instance, and meaning, optimize during 300
seconds, and stop at that time if still not finished totally
optimizing. That way you could be sure and optimize call I make wont
take extemelly long.

thanks
javi