lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "lucene user" <luz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Queries Over User-Editable Dynamic Categories of Documents
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:12:32 GMT
Thanks very much. How large can my end-user's catigories grow before this
implementation you have outlined will start to bog down? If my users had
thousands of items categorized, would you still recommend using a term
filter in this way? Tens of thousands? What is a realistic max? Is there
another idea that works for even larger numbers? Frankly, we don't yet
understand how our users will use the system in the long run. When you have
done stuff like this, how large have the term filters grown?

Would it EVER make sense to maintain the end user's catigories in some sort
of Lucene data structure? If so, what data structure?

Would it EVER be wise to keep the end-user catigories in Lucene? If so, when
and how?

What are other realistic options for implementing user categorization of
documents?

When solr talks about "faceted searching," this isn't what they mean, is it?
They say "Faceted Searching based on unique field values and explicit
queries" and I'm looking to find what they mean and not getting clear.

Thanks!