lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: optimization issue
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:58:09 GMT
On 10/17/07, Melanie Langlois <Melanie.Langlois@tradingscreen.com> wrote:
> From a different post I've read on this mailing list, I thought by letting this default
the optimization will be done automatically every 10 documents added to the index (and then
every 10 segments, they should be merges..). But for some reason it doesn't seem to happen
this way.

A flush (new segment created from the in-memory docs) will be done
every 10 documents by default, not an optimize.  This default will
change slightly in the next version of lucene to flush by amount of
memory used rather than number of documents buffered.

If you want an optimized index, call optimize() on the IndexWriter.

-Yonik